ENGLISH | BAHASA
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
Falim Development Sdn. Bhd. respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data. This Privacy Notice is formulated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the Act. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “we”, “our” or “us” shall refer to our Company and “you” shall refer to yourself and such other persons or companies represented by you of which you are providing the Personal Data.
A. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1. The Personal Data about you may include information such as your photograph, name, contact details, address, national registration identity card number or passport number, gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, occupation or profession, employer’s details, date of birth, email address, marital status, children’s details, age, income, salutation, sociological and/or lifestyle data including but not limited to car registration details, introducer’s details, property details and loan details.
2. Your Personal Data are collected from various sources including but not limited to:
B. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. By providing any of your Personal Data to the Company you hereby agree that the Company shall collect, retain and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
2. We may either contact you for the purpose as set out in (B) above via telephone calls, emails, text messaging, post, facsimile, social media or by whatsoever form of available communication.
C. USE & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. The Company will keep your Personal Data confidential but you agree that the Company may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) within the Company and/or to third parties as may be necessary or appropriate including but not limited to the Company’s consultants, solicitors, auditors, employers, contractors, suppliers, partners, joint venture partners, advertisers, purchasers, network operators, property management companies, service and product providers, associated companies, any relevant authorities (governmental and/or non-governmental), embassies, statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, any organizations or relevant financial institutions, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to the Company, actual or proposed assignees or transferees or buyers of any of rights/businesses/assets of the Company, service and product providers(including those who assist us in providing the Company’s website), for the Company’s operational, administration and development requirements and to organisations who provide archival, auditing, professional advisory, debt collection, insurance, banking, marketing, advertising, mailhouse, delivery, recruitment, call centre, technology, research, utility, loyalty programme and security services to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes of (B) above for and on behalf of the Company.
D. NON PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Please note that in the event that insufficient Personal Data is supplied, or Personal Data supplied by you is not satisfactory to the Company, then your application or request to the Company for any of the above purposes as set out in (B) above may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on the Company’s website may be denied or the Company will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services and/or perform its obligations under any potential or existing contract with you.
E. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA
1. Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in the Company or stored in servers located in Malaysia and operated by the Company or its service and product providers in Malaysia.
2. Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by the Company for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated in (B) above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect the Company’s interests.
3. There are no online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by the Company.
F. HANDLING OF EMAIL AND “CONTACT US” MESSAGES
1. The Company may preserve the content or any email or “Contact us” or other electronic message that the Company receives and any Personal Data contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Privacy Notice.
2. The message content may be monitored by the Company’s service and product providers or employees for purposes including compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
G. COMMUNICATION OR UTILISATION OF DATA
1. By using telecommunications services to access the Company’s Website, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to Personal Data.
2. To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the Act.
H. AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL DATA
1. When you access the Company’s Website, the Company may automatically (i.e. not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed).
2. The Company may use this data to monitor the attractiveness of the Company’s Website and improve their performance or content.
1. When you access the Company’s Website, the Company may store some data on your computer in the form of “cookie” to automatically recognize your personal computer the next time you visit.
2. Cookies can help the Company in many ways, for example, by allowing the Company to tailor a website to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time.
3. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
1. Personal Data held by the Company will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
2. Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in whatever manner (including those sent or posted in the Company’s Website) will be deemed voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
3. The Company reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in (C) above.
1. The Company has set up mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
2. For the Internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while the Company strives to protect such Personal Data, the Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to the Company and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into the Company’s possession, the Company will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
L. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Any Personal Data transferred shall be used for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in (C) above.
M. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
1. You have the right to access and correct your Personal Data held by the Company that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, subject to any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions. We will endeavour to ensure your Personal Data is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your Personal Data, you should notify us directly.
2. If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the Company for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in (B) above or for the transfer of your Personal Data to the parties stated in (C) above, you may send your request in writing at the following address:
Address : 1st & 2nd Floors, No. 8-10, Jalan Dato Maharaja Lela, 30000 Ipoh
Email : email@example.com
Tel. No.: 05-2553228
3. Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, the Company may still proceed to process your Personal Data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law and as required under the contractual conditions.
4. The Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
N. PERSONAL DATA GIVEN BY YOU
1. You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the persons and/or companies represented by you to provide their respective Personal Data to us for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in (C) above.
O. CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
1. The Company reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. The Company advises that you check this Privacy Notice on our website on a regular basis.
1. In the event of any conflict between this English language Privacy Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Privacy Notice, the terms in this English language Notice shall prevail.